The Fleet Manager is responsible for leading a team of Technicians and Mechanics in a preventative maintenance and repair program for all heavy fleet trucks to ensure a safe and efficient fleet. This is a full-time 40 hours per week position with some weekend hours. The Fleet Manager reports directly to the President of Hylan Datacom & Electrical, with additional reporting obligations to the Corporate Fleet Director. The Fleet Manager position is located in Long Island City, NY.
• Supervise team members in the repair, maintenance and servicing of all fleet vehicles.
• Diagnose mechanical defects and carry out a preventive maintenance program.
• Schedule daily manpower to meet the workload.
• Prioritize workload to meet customer’s demands.
• Conduct pre-shift team meetings.
• Lead, educate and develop team members.
• Address all corrective action regarding direct reports.
• Provide support to the team regarding all equipment related issues.
• Monitor and analyze all opportunities to cut costs and improve efficiencies.
• Perform administrative functions; including payroll approval, repair order maintenance, compliance documentation and providing reports for/communicating with the President.
• Provide clean, safe working conditions of the facility and equipment.
• Communicate with Fleet Director to ensure the operation’s and company’s needs are met.
• Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures.
Qualifications and Requirements:
• 5-7 years of experience in a fleet maintenance/management capacity.
• Thorough knowledge of DOT rules and regulations.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record; a valid CDL is a plus.
• Must have a high school diploma; some college education is preferred.
• Must have knowledge of heavy truck repair and maintenance.
• Prior hands-on technician/mechanic experience preferred.
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Outlook and basic Excel).
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• ASE certifications a plus.
|Job Category||Hylan Datacom & Electrical Careers|