The Senior OSP Fiber Designer NYC is responsible for all engineering deliverables required to meet the goals and expectations for two major clients. This position is the proactive lead that drives the work for all internal field operations. The Senior OSP Fiber Designer NYC reports directly to the Senior Director of Engineering Operations and is located in Hylan’s corporate office in Holmdel, NJ.
- Sales for engineering and construction; working with clients forecasting future jobs.
- Estimating engineering jobs.
- Point of contact for clients, field operations and executive management.
- Daily communication/coordination of jobs for clients, internal field operations, account and project managers.
- Works closely with all internal construction field operations.
- Tracking of all job statuses, which requires thorough follow-up, and provides updates to clients as needed.
- Resolves issues, forwards reroutes, and handles client change orders and as-builts.
- Responsible for invoicing clients for work completed, placing monetary value on daily reports, and tracking accruals for next month’s billing.
- Required to attend biweekly in-person client meetings, and weekly company meetings (construction and project manager) held in the company corporate office.
- Responsible for fiber splice packages/designs, and maintaining job schedules.
- Other engineering duties as required or at the discretion of the Senior Director of Engineering Operations.
- 6+ years of experience working within telecommunications, OSP or fielding operations of a fiber optic network and splicing matrix, OSP construction experience is a plus.
- Work with minimal supervision.
- Diploma or degree from a recognized program, post-secondary institution is an asset.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Strong knowledge of Computer Automated Drafting Design (CADD) or other applications or design or modeling skills.
- AutoCAD experience required, Map / Civil 3D preferred.
- Experience in assorted OSP databases is a must.
- Excellent organizational, planning skills and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and written skills.
- Passion for safety of employees, contractors and the general public.
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record are required.
- Thorough knowledge of NY DOT rules and regulations.
|Job Category||Hylan Datacom & Electrical Careers|