The Training Manager DAS Installations is responsible for training field employees on DAS installations and improving the field employee’s productivity and safety. This position is located in the Long Island City, NY and Staten Island, NY locations. The Training Manager DAS installations will train field supervisors and union labor. The Training Manager DAS installations will travel to various locations to ensure field supervisors are training field staff correctly, quality control of installations, meeting customer demands and ensuring company policies and safety procedures are being followed.
- Conducts training of field supervisors and union employees as required.
- Proposes training and development programs with objectives.
- Develops and monitors spending against the departmental budget.
- Obtains and /or develops effective training materials utilizing a variety of media for classroom and field settings.
- Trains and coaches supervisors and others involved in wireless construction.
- Plans, organizes, facilitates and orders supplies for training and development.
- Conducts follow-up studies of all completed training to evaluate results against timelines to ensure training goals have been met.
- Modifies programs as needed.
- Works effectively as a team member with other members of management including IBEW workers.
- Reports directly to the COO of Telecom.
This job operates in a shop environment and on location/construction sites. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers, smart phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and other presentation materials, as well as DAS installation equipment/tools out in the field.
Ability to lift 50-100 lbs., stand and walk frequently, bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, and squat.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time exempt position. Days, hours of work and travel are dependent upon supervisor and company needs.
Initially this position could require up to 50% travel during the implementation of the training program. In time travel should reduce to 35%.
- Must have at least five years of DAS installation experience and NYC DOT street light poles and wood utility poles.
- Must have full understanding of telecom ODAS/DAS industry, node installations, and all testing requirements (PIMS and sweeps).
- Some prior training experience is preferred; the ability to teach/mentor is essential.
- Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Intermediate skill level with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word).
|Job Category||Hylan Datacom & Electrical Careers|