Hylan West has an immediate opening for Construction Foreman. Hylan West, a division of Hylan, is a full-service, design-build contractor specializing in broadband, communications, and intelligent transport systems (ITS), distributed antenna systems (DAS), fiber optic network platforms, and wireless solutions. Hylan West’s expertise includes underground construction, specializing in all outside plant construction activities including new technologies such as micro trenching, microfiber blowing, directional drilling, auger and jack boring capabilities. Headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona, Hylan West serves public and private companies, general contractors, renewable energy developers, and governmental agencies in the Northwest and Southwest regions, with operations in Arizona, California, Colorado, New Mexico, and Utah.
Hylan West invites you to consider a rewarding opportunity within our Sacramento CA office as an Aerial Construction Worker within the Construction Department working to accomplish company goals.
• Primary job duties will be aerial construction and ground person assistance
• Accountable to ensure accuracy related to tasks and follow all policies and procedures related to safety, quality and production
• Install and repair aerial telephone cable, repair cut or damaged telephone cables
• Placement of telephone poles and anchors
• Use of manual tools such as shovels, posthole diggers and other hand held tools
• Use of mechanized equipment such as bucket truck, digger derrick, excavators, etc
• Setting up safety perimeter using signage, cones, safety barriers
• Must be 21 years of age, have a valid Driver’s License and health card (if driver)
• Must be able to perform physical manual labor duties within the workday
• Ensure that safety equipment is used properly at all times and that work is carried out in a safe and efficient manner.
• Be able to follow company guidelines in regard to acceptable conduct when dealing with customers, fellow employees in a team environment and the public.
• Must pass company drug testing procedures as well as Federal Motor Carrier drug and alcohol testing regulations.
• Must possess good communication skills
• Knowledge of electrical clearances and make ready
• Working knowledge with bucket truck safety – working aloft
• Must have the ability to exert heavy physical effort, ability to kneel, crouch, balance, climb or crawl
• Must have a valid driver’s license and comply with company motor vehicle policy
• Knowledge of established aerial cable installation procedures and techniques
• Ability to climb telephone poles and work in a bucket truck
• 1-5 years previous construction experience, preferably in the telecommunications industry.
This position is full-time with benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Ins., 401K offered). Candidates must be able to meet e-verify criteria, complete and pass a background check including a drug screen, DOT physical.
Hylan West is an equal opportunity employer. EOEAA/M/F/Vets/Disabilities. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Wage range based on experience and capability $20 to $35 per hour.
|Job Category||Hylan West Careers|