Hylan West is a Phoenix based construction company that has an immediate opening for General Labor. Hylan West, a division of Hylan, is a full-service, design-build contractor specializing in broadband, communications, and intelligent transport systems (ITS), distributed antenna systems (DAS), fiber optic network platforms, and wireless solutions. Hylan West’s expertise includes underground construction, specializing in all outside plant construction activities including new technologies such as micro trenching, microfiber blowing, directional drilling, auger and jack boring capabilities. Headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona, Hylan West serves public and private companies, general contractors, renewable energy developers, and governmental agencies in the Northwest and Southwest regions, with operations in Arizona, California, Colorado, New Mexico, and Utah.
Hylan West invites you to consider a rewarding opportunity within our West Des Moines, IA office as a Billing Clerk within the Accounting Department working to accomplish company goals.
- Primary job duties will be processing invoices from our customers.
- Overseeing review of monthly balances pertaining to those customers.
- Assist with the timely and accurate reporting of operating and financial results.
- Answer general phone inquiries using a professional and courteous manner.
- Greet clients/suppliers/visitors to the organization in a professional and friendly manner.
- File material according to the established procedures.
- Provide administrative support.
- Minimum of 2 years billing accounting experience.
- Must have excellent organizational and analytical skills and a sound understanding of accounting principles.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to be able to interact with personnel at all levels of the company.
- Computer Literate – strong Excel skills and the ability to use Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Construction background knowledge is a plus
- Must have strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work on their own and as part of a team
- Be able to follow company guidelines in regard to acceptable conduct when dealing with customers, fellow employees in a team environment and the public.
- Must possess good communication skills.
Preferred candidates will have:
- Experience with Timberline/Sage Accounting Software
- Construction accounting knowledge
This position is full-time with benefits:
- Medical benefit plans offered
- Dental and Vision offered
- Critical Illness offered
- Flexible Spending Account offered
- 401k Retirement offered
- Paid Time Off (accrued)
- Company provided life insurance; additional life insurance offered
- Company provided long term disability
- Short term disability offered
Candidates must be able to complete and pass a background check including a drug screen.
Hylan West is an equal opportunity employer. EOEAA/M/F/Vets/Disabilities. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
BILLING CLERK: Wage range based on experience $17 to $21 per hour starting pay.
Career Application Form
|Job Category||Hylan West Careers|