Diesel Equipment Mechanic
Diesel Equipment Mechanic is responsible for the maintenance, repair, and servicing of diesel-powered vehicles and equipment. This role primarily focuses on diagnosing and resolving mechanical issues, ensuring the safe and efficient operation of various diesel engines, and machinery, performs skilled tasks involving the maintenance and repair of gasoline and diesel trucks, construction, and other mechanical equipment. This position is located in our Maspeth, Queens location.
- Inspect, troubleshoot, and diagnose mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic issues in diesel engines, transmissions, and other related systems.
- Perform routine maintenance and repair tasks.
- Overhaul or replace worn or damaged components.
- Perform preventative maintenance: develop and adhere to scheduled maintenance programs.
- Conduct inspections to identify potential problems.
- Use of welding and metal fabrication to repair and modify components, as needed.
- Use diagnostic tools to test and calibrate diesel engines and related systems.
- Ensure emission control systems comply with environmental regulations.
- Maintain detailed repair records.
- Complete service reports and related paperwork.
- Adhere to safety protocols and guidelines to prevent accidents and injuries.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment.
- Work with minimal supervision and perform independent tasks based upon general direction.
- Maintain and establish cooperative working relationships.
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 5+ years of experience
- High School diploma or relevant experience
- Strong mechanical aptitude and problem-solving skills
- Heavy construction vehicle repairs, a must
- Proficiency in using diagnostic tools and equipment
- Welding and metal fabrication skills a plus
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs., stand and walk frequently
- Attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Valid Commercial Driver’s license and reliable transportation
Job Type: Full-time
- 8-hour shift
- Monday – Friday
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Career Application Form
|Job Category||Hylan Careers|