Down Under Construction LLC (DUC) is a Virginia based construction company has an immediate opening for Fiber Optic Splicer in the greater Washington, DC area. DUC, a division of Hylan, is a full-service, utility contractor specializing in broadband, communications, and intelligent transport systems (ITS), distributed antenna systems (DAS), fiber optic network platforms, and wireless solutions. DUC’s expertise includes new technologies such as micro trenching and microfiber blowing. Headquartered in Sterling, Virginia, DUC serves public and private companies, general contractors, electrical contractors, and governmental agencies in the greater Washington, DC area including Virginia, Maryland, District of Columbia, West Virginia, Delaware, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, and New York. Metro VA/DC/MD travel is required, but occasional travel outside the region is available if desired.
DUC invites you to consider a rewarding opportunity within our Company as a Fiber Optic Splicing Technician within our Wireless Division.
- Ability to fusion or mechanical splice SM or MM fiber optic cables, to include terminate various types of fiber optic connectors (ST, SC, LC)
- Work with engineers and/or OSP PM’s to perform fusion splicing as directed.
- Installation and testing of pressurized and non-pressurized closures on all types and sizes of cable.
- Experience and knowledge using Fiber Optic Scope and or a Fiber OTDR.
- Experience in power meter testing, installation of enclosures and termination panels.
- Installation and dressing of fiber optic cables (vertical/horizontal).
- Provide management with detailed reports of field splicing activity.
- Maintain fiber asset inventory and splicing records.
- Valid driver license with a clean driving record
- 3 years or more of fiber splicing experience in active plant
- Must be able to work independently without supervision.
- Ability to read prints, read and comprehend splice instructions
- Complete production paperwork with correct splice case information
- Operating aerial lifts
- Entering confined spaces
- Able to prep a variety of splice cases
- Ability to troubleshoot rings and audit plant
- Express entry a loose tube Cable
- Experience performing cable mid-sheath/ring cut
- Fusion splice fibers, operate and read an OTDR
- Certificate of Fiber Optic training a plus
- Basic knowledge of MS Office and basic computer skills to look up maps
This position is full-time with benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Ins., 401K offered). Candidates must be able to complete and pass a background check including a drug screen, DOT physical.
Resumes must be received for consideration. Please include contact information, references, and preferred start date. DUC is an equal opportunity employer. EOEAA/M/F/Vets/Disabilities. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities.
Wage range based on experience.
Career Application Form
|Job Category||Down Under Construction|