Heavy Equipment Mechanic, a non-exempt position, performs skilled tasks involving the maintenance and repair of gasoline and diesel trucks, construction, and other mechanical equipment. This position is located in the Long Island City, NY location.
• Service and maintain gasoline and diesel powered construction equipment, various types of trailers, and light and heavy duty trucks in accordance with DOT requirements.
• Diagnose mechanical defects and carry out a preventive maintenance program.
• Inspect, maintain, service and repair equipment, such as engines, transmissions, air and hydraulic brake systems, air compressors, air conditioning units, fuel systems, ignitions, valves, HVAC, and hydraulic components.
• Diagnose and evaluate MIG and gas welding and/or cutting needs.
• Troubleshoot vehicle components, use standard and specialized tools and garage equipment, and read and interpret shop and technical data.
• Work with minimal supervision and perform independent tasks based upon general direction.
• Maintain and establish cooperative working relationships.
• Other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
• 5+ years of repair and diagnostic experience
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Valid CDL
• A/C certification preferred
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs., stand and walk frequently, bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, and squat.
• Technical knowledge of construction equipment, trailer, light duty truck and heavy duty truck maintenance, and repair procedures.
• Working knowledge of the principles of internal combustion engines, hydraulic systems, electrical systems, and pneumatic systems.
Career Application Form
|Job Category||Hylan Datacom & Electrical Careers|