Down Under Construction LLC (DUC) is a Virginia based construction company has an immediate opening for Wireless Install Technician in the greater Washington, DC area. DUC, a division of Hylan, is a full-service, utility contractor specializing in broadband, communications, and intelligent transport systems (ITS), distributed antenna systems (DAS), fiber optic network platforms, and wireless solutions. DUC’s expertise includes underground construction, specializing in all outside plant construction activities including new technologies such as micro trenching, micro fiber blowing, directional drilling, auger and jack boring capabilities. Headquartered in Sterling, Virginia, DUC serves public and private companies, general contractors, electrical contractors and governmental agencies in the greater Washington, DC area including Virginia, Maryland, District of Columbia, West Virginia, Delaware, North Carolina, Pennsylvania and New York.
DUC invites you to consider a rewarding opportunity within our Company as a Wireless Install Technician within our Wireless Division.
- Operate a Bucket Truck to install and test Communications equipment such as Small Cell Radios, Transmission lines, and Antenna Systems.
- Experience and knowledge to operate test equipment such as Sweep Testers, PIM Tester, and Fiber Optic test equipment in support of the installation and system integration of Cellular Radio communications systems.
- Work with engineers, project managers, and customer representatives to resolve problems and advance the job completion objectives.
- Use hand and power tools to install radios and antennas on utility and light poles.
- Installation and dressing of coax transmission lines and fiber optic cables (vertical/horizontal).
- Provide management with detailed reports of fieldwork activity.
- Maintain equipment and material asset inventories.
- Valid driver license with a clean driving record
- 2 to 3 years of experience installing CRAN and Distributed Antenna Systems
- Must be able to work independently without supervision, occasional regional overnight travel for jobs.
- Ability to read prints, read and comprehend cable connection instructions
- Complete production paperwork and project close out information in accordance with customer directions
- Operating aerial lifts & Bucket Trucks, Ability to work at elevations of 50 feet around secondary power
- Able to prep a variety of Radio Enclosures or Shrouds
- Ability to troubleshoot coax line faults and fiber optic connection integrity
- Demonstrate ability to configure and operate Anritsu Sweep Master and PIM Master test equipment
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office and basic computer skills to locate and use job information
- Must qualify for a DBIDS (Defense Biometric Identification System) badge
This position is full-time with benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Ins., 401(k) offered). Candidates must be able to complete and pass a background check including a drug screen, DOT physical.
Resumes must be received for consideration. Please include contact information, references and preferred start date.
DUC is an equal opportunity employer. EOEAA/M/F/Vets/Disabilities. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Wage range based on experience.