Hylan is a leading provider of full-service turnkey communications solutions, electrical infrastructure design and construction services for wireline, wireless, and smart city municipal services across the United States. We set up our customers for success with our innovative, wide-ranging services.
The Estimator position is responsible for all aspects of electrical estimating for the bidding of future jobs and all current ongoing projects. This includes communicating directly with all vendors, clients and field personnel. The Estimator reports directly to the Vice President of Operations and the Chief Estimator. This position is located in the Corporate Office in Holmdel, NJ.
Start Date: 09/01/2019
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with clients and vendors to prepare comprehensive and accurate estimates.
- Responsible for reviewing all project documents, requirements, and job specifications.
- Review quotes and estimates with the construction supervisors and the project management team.
- Prepare detailed cost estimates using Accubid software.
- Pre-construction duties and meetings with clients and field personnel as required.
- Maintain Excel files.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have 5+ years of Electrical Estimator experience.
- Heavy highway and transit experience.
- Skilled with interior fit-out.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Intermediate Accubid, Excel and Outlook skill level required.
- Post-secondary education a plus.
Hylan Datacom & Electrical is an equal opportunity employer offering eligible employees a competitive benefits package consisting of medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, life insurance, paid time off, paid holidays and a 401(k) plan with employer match.
|Job Category||Hylan Datacom & Electrical Careers|