Hylan West is a Phoenix-based construction company has an immediate opening for Commercial Driver. Hylan West, a division of Hylan, is a full-service, design-build contractor specializing in broadband, communications, and intelligent transport systems (ITS), distributed antenna systems (DAS), fiber optic network platforms and wireless solutions. Hylan West’s expertise includes underground construction, specializing in all outside plant construction activities including new technologies such as micro trenching, microfiber blowing, directional drilling, auger and jack boring capabilities. Headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona, Hylan West serves public and private companies, general contractors, renewable energy developers and governmental agencies in the Northwest and Southwest regions, with operations in Arizona, California, Colorado, New Mexico, and Utah.
Hylan West invites you to consider a rewarding opportunity within our Long Beach CA office as a Commercial Driver (CDL) within the Construction Department working to accomplish company goals.
- Primary job duties will be transporting material, equipment and job-related items, secondary job functions will include general labor functions as directed by the project Foreman
- Accountable to ensure accuracy related to tasks and follow all policies and procedures related to safety, quality and production
- Must be 21 years of age and have a Commercial Driver’s License with air brake and tanker endorsements and per state requirements.
- Must be able to perform physical manual labor duties within the workday
- Be able to read and speak the English language in accordance with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.
- Ensure that safety equipment is used properly at all times and that work is carried out in a safe and efficient manner.
- Operate service and maintain trucks and other equipment.
- Comply with the proper method of loading and unloading for the various material and equipment to be transported.
- Be able to report to the crew at the time specified and to maintain contact with the crew and dispatch offices as required.
- Be able to follow company guidelines in regard to acceptable conduct when dealing with customers, fellow employees and the public.
- Must pass company drug testing procedures as well as Federal Motor Carrier drug and alcohol testing regulations.
- Keep appropriate documentation to include DVIR and Trip Logs. (timecards, job cost, etc.).
- Be able to complete driver daily logs and all necessary trip reports, fuel reports.
This position is full-time with benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Ins., 401K offered). Candidates must be able to complete and pass a background check including a drug screen, DOT physical.
Hylan West is an equal opportunity employer. EOEAA/M/F/Vets/Disabilities. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Wage range based on experience $18 to $22 per hour.[gravityform id="4" title="true" description="false" field_values="email@example.com,firstname.lastname@example.org,email@example.com,hwcareers@HYLANGROUP.com"]
|Job Category||Hylan West Careers|
- Interface with the client and represent Western Utility in all correspondence and meetings
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of all contract documents
- Develop and analyze preliminary project documentation
- Organize and plan the execution of the physical work
- Develop project schedules and direct its planning and execution
- Communicate and coordinate schedules and plan accordingly with subcontractors and vendors
- Recognize on-site activities which may impede project progress or jeopardize compliance to project/contract requirements
- Prepare and provide related informational documents to the clients or other responsible parties and implement corrective measures
- Maintain strict control of the project budget for each work activity
- Report monthly on the progress and current profitability of the project
- Write subcontracts and purchase orders for field generated purchases and contracts
- Supervise the project activities of the on-site superintendents, craft and staff
- Promote goodwill with clients to facilitate construction activities and future repeat business
- Act as a mentor to Project Managers and Field Engineers
- Contribution and refinement of Project Management manual procedures
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned
- 8 to 10 years of project management experience in Underground Utility construction markets, including gas pipeline, underground electrical/civil, telecommunications and sewer/water
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, engineering or relevant discipline
- Ability and willingness to travel for out-of-town project assignments as needed (projects are located throughout the Midwest and Florida and may take up to 18-24 months, with travel home every other weekend)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and an ability to build and maintain strong client relationships
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail and accuracy of information
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft applications, including Outlook, Word, and Excel; estimating and scheduling software skills preferred
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments and priorities in a fast-paced environment to meet deadlines with efficiency and accuracy
- Must be familiar with working in a unionized labor environment
- Ability to take initiative, work well under pressure, and work independently or under executive direction
|Job Category||Western Utility Careers|
- Create and manage the creation of complete stand-alone construction drawings for aerial, buried, manhole and conduit systems,
- Prepare and manage the submittal of permit applications to multiple municipalities and utilities,
- Perform Pole Loading Analysis and prepare Pole Attachment and Make Ready documentation,
- Review engineering drawing and designs to ensure accuracy and adherence to established specifications and standards,
- Prepare appropriate documentation for project management,
- Interface with client and municipalities on behalf of the client to ensure smooth progression of the project
- Prepare cost estimates, proposals, and project budgets.
- Collect field data for design of construction drawings including the preparation of field notes, sketches, and recorded measurements of all exiting utilities, structures, roadways and construction obstacles.
- Must have knowledge of aerial, buried, underground and building entrance design for Telecom
- Must be able to read and understand highway/road prints, be able to identify conflicts with existing outside plant facilities, and select routing required for projects.
- May be required to provide on-site construction inspection to insure design specifications are met by the construction contractor. Further duties will include but are not limited to: redlines, bore design, CAD, and make-ready analysis, field notes, pole survey, conduit systems, locating, QC prints, butterfly drawings, and preparation of prints.
- Valid driver license with clean driving record
- A two-year degree in engineering or drafting technology,
- A minimum of 2 years in telecommunications design,
- Understanding of industry standards and permitting practices
- OSP planning and design documentation
- Experience working with customer specifications, outside agencies and utility companies,
- Strong computer aptitude including mastery of AutoCAD, Adobe, Excel,
- The ability to compute, process, and map field data in an organized fashion,
- Ability to communicate effectively and handle multiple projects simultaneously,
- Work effectively in a team-oriented environment,
- Possess excellent communication skills, and excellent time management skills.
- Problem solving, decision making skills, analytical and research skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work with others in a Team environment.
- OSP/ISP or Fiber data collection/site walk experience is a plus
|Job Category||Hylan West Careers|