Hylan West is a Phoenix-based construction company has an immediate opening for Commercial Driver. Hylan West, a division of Hylan, is a full-service, design-build contractor specializing in broadband, communications, and intelligent transport systems (ITS), distributed antenna systems (DAS), fiber optic network platforms and wireless solutions. Hylan West’s expertise includes underground construction, specializing in all outside plant construction activities including new technologies such as micro trenching, microfiber blowing, directional drilling, auger and jack boring capabilities. Headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona, Hylan West serves public and private companies, general contractors, renewable energy developers and governmental agencies in the Northwest and Southwest regions, with operations in Arizona, California, Colorado, New Mexico, and Utah.
Hylan West invites you to consider a rewarding opportunity within our Long Beach CA office as a Commercial Driver (CDL) within the Construction Department working to accomplish company goals.
- Primary job duties will be transporting material, equipment and job-related items, secondary job functions will include general labor functions as directed by the project Foreman
- Accountable to ensure accuracy related to tasks and follow all policies and procedures related to safety, quality and production
- Must be 21 years old.
- Have a Commercial Driver’s License and any appropriate endorsements and state requirements to be carried in the truck cab while the driver is in service.
- Must be able to perform physical manual labor duties within the workday
- Be able to read and speak the English language in accordance with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.
- Ensure that safety equipment is used properly at all times and that work is carried out in a safe and efficient manner.
- Operate service and maintain trucks and other equipment.
- Comply with the proper method of loading and unloading for the various material and equipment to be transported.
- Be able to report to the crew at the time specified and to maintain contact with the crew and dispatch offices as required.
- Be able to follow company guidelines in regard to acceptable conduct when dealing with customers, fellow employees and the public.
- Must pass company drug testing procedures as well as Federal Motor Carrier drug and alcohol testing regulations.
- Keep appropriate documentation to include DVIR and Trip Logs. (timecards, job cost, etc.).
- Be able to complete driver daily logs and all necessary trip reports, fuel reports.
This position is full-time with benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Ins., 401K offered). Candidates must be able to complete and pass a background check including a drug screen, DOT physical.
Hylan West is an equal opportunity employer. EOEAA/M/F/Vets/Disabilities. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Wage range based on experience $18 to $22 per hour.
|Job Category||Hylan West Careers|