Hylan West is a Phoenix-based construction company has an immediate opening for Horizontal Directional Drill Operator/Locator. Hylan West, a division of Hylan, is a full-service, design-build contractor specializing in broadband, communications, and intelligent transport systems (ITS), distributed antenna systems (DAS), fiber optic network platforms, and wireless solutions. Hylan West’s expertise includes underground construction, specializing in all outside plant construction activities including new technologies such as micro trenching, microfiber blowing, directional drilling, auger and jack boring capabilities. Headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona, Hylan West serves public and private companies, general contractors, renewable energy developers, and governmental agencies in the Northwest and Southwest regions, with operations in Arizona, California, Colorado, New Mexico, and Utah.
Hylan West invites you to consider a rewarding opportunity within our Phoenix AZ office as an HDD Locator / Operator within the Construction Department working to accomplish company goals.
- Primary job duties will be operating and maintaining HDD equipment and locating bores, job functions will include general labor functions as directed by the project Foreman
- Accountable to ensure accuracy related to tasks and follow all policies and procedures related to safety, quality and production
- Must be 21 years old
- CDL Class A driver license with tanker endorsement and clean driving record
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in locating and/or operating Vermeer and Ditch Witch horizontal directional drilling equipment
- Must be proficient in DCI locating equipment and software or equivalent
- Must be proficient in using various vacuum potholing equipment
- Must have a keen sense of assessing good bore rig set up, down-hole tooling and fluid mixing prior to starting construction
- Must be very safety conscientious and involved in new site Job Hazard Analysis – JHA’s prior to starting construction
- Must be well-organized in proper setup and bore planning methodology
- Ensure safety in work areas at all times according to policies and procedures for all drilling rig operations
- Must know rod and radius limitations, understand pulling and placing mud volume calculations
- Will be required to operate tampers, jackhammers or misc. hand tools when needed will also work in the field with the crews completing work
- Must be able to perform physical manual labor duties within the workday
- Ensure that safety equipment is used properly at all times and that work is carried out in a safe and efficient manner.
- Be able to follow company guidelines in regard to acceptable conduct when dealing with customers, fellow employees and the public.
This position is full-time with benefits
- Medical benefit plans offered
- Dental and Vision offered
- Critical Illness offered
- Flexible Spending Account offered
- 401k Retirement offered
- 3 Days sick pay (accrued)
- 5 Days’ holiday pay (accrued)
- 5 Days’ vacation pay (accrued)
- Company provided life insurance; additional life insurance offered
- Company provided long term disability
Candidates must be able to complete and pass a background check including a drug screen, DOT physical. Hylan West is an equal opportunity employer. EOEAA/M/F/Vets/Disabilities. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Career Application Form
|Job Category||Hylan West Careers|