Hylan West is a Phoenix based construction company has an immediate opening for OSP Field Engineer. Hylan West, a division of Hylan, is a full-service, design-build contractor specializing in broadband, communications, intelligent transport systems (ITS), distributed antenna systems (DAS), fiber optic network platforms, and wireless solutions. Hylan West’s expertise includes underground construction, specializing in all outside plant construction activities including new technologies such as micro trenching, micro fiber blowing, directional drilling, auger and jack boring capabilities. . Headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona, Hylan West serves public and private companies, general contractors, renewable energy developers, and governmental agencies in the Northwest and Southwest regions, with operations in Arizona, California, Colorado, New Mexico, and Utah.
Hylan West invites you to consider a rewarding opportunity within our Phoenix AZ office as a Field Engineer within the OSP Engineering Department working to accomplish company goals.
- Create and manage the creation of complete stand-alone construction drawings for aerial, buried, manhole and conduit systems,
- Prepare and manage the submittal of permit applications to multiple municipalities and utilities,
- Perform Pole Loading Analysis and prepare Pole Attachment and Make Ready documentation,
- Review engineering drawing and designs to ensure accuracy and adherence to established specifications and standards,
- Prepare appropriate documentation for project management,
- Interface with client and municipalities on behalf of the client to ensure smooth progression of the project
- Prepare cost estimates, proposals, and project budgets.
- Collect field data for design of construction drawings including the preparation of field notes, sketches, and recorded measurements of all exiting utilities, structures, roadways and construction obstacles.
- Must have knowledge of aerial, buried, underground and building entrance design for Telecom
- Must be able to read and understand highway/road prints, be able to identify conflicts with existing outside plant facilities, and select routing required for projects.
- May be required to provide on-site construction inspection to insure design specifications are met by the construction contractor. Further duties will include but are not limited to: redlines, bore design, CAD, and make-ready analysis, field notes, pole survey, conduit systems, locating, QC prints, butterfly drawings, and preparation of prints.
- Valid driver license with clean driving record
- A two-year degree in engineering or drafting technology,
- A minimum of 2 years in telecommunications design,
- Understanding of industry standards and permitting practices
- OSP planning and design documentation
- Experience working with customer specifications, outside agencies and utility companies,
- Strong computer aptitude including mastery of AutoCAD, Adobe, Excel,
- The ability to compute, process, and map field data in an organized fashion,
- Ability to communicate effectively and handle multiple projects simultaneously,
- Work effectively in a team-oriented environment,
- Possess excellent communication skills, and excellent time management skills.
- Problem solving, decision making skills, analytical and research skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work with others in a Team environment.
- OSP/ISP or Fiber data collection/site walk experience is a plus
This position is full-time with benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Ins., 401K offered). Candidates must be able to complete and pass a background check including a drug screen.
Resumes must be received for consideration. Please include contact information, references and preferred start date.
Hylan West is an equal opportunity employer. EOEAA/M/F/Vets/Disabilities. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
|Job Category||Hylan West Careers|