Hylan is a leading provider of full-service turnkey communications solutions, electrical infrastructure design and construction services for wireline, wireless, and smart city municipal services across the United States. We set up our customers for success with our innovative, wide-ranging services.
The Chief Estimator position is responsible for managing Hylan’s Estimating Department and will be responsible for all aspects of electrical estimating for the Company. This includes bidding of future jobs and managing estimates for all current projects that may require change order estimates. This includes communicating directly with all vendors, clients and field personnel. The Chief Estimator will report directly to the President and will work closely with the Vice President of Operations as part of the Company’s senior leadership team. This position is located in the Corporate Office in Holmdel, NJ.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage a small team of estimators and position the department for growth, using stare of the art technology and estimating tools
- Continually evaluate team performance against business development goals and ensure the bid/estimating volumes are sufficient to maintain appropriate Win ratios
- Accountable for maintaining all bid records in SiteTracker and achieving acceptable Win ratios
- Oversee staff development by mentoring and coaching the estimating team and meeting all HR requirements for human capital performance
- Collaborate with clients and vendors to prepare comprehensive and accurate estimates
- Responsible for reviewing all project documents, requirements, and job specifications
- Review quotes and estimates with the construction supervisors and the project management team
- Prepare detailed cost estimates using Accubid or similar professional estimating software
- Attend pre-construction meetings with clients and field personnel as required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have 20+ years of Electrical Estimator experience working for either a major General Contractor or specialty subcontractor
- Must have built or managed an estimating team of 3 or more, and managed expense budgets
- Must have significant heavy highway and transit experience
- Familiar with interior fit-out estimates
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Expert Accubid (or similar estimating software), advanced MS Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook skills
- College degree in a technical discipline, or significant relevant experience
Hylan Datacom & Electrical is an equal opportunity employer offering eligible employees a competitive benefits package consisting of medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, life insurance, paid time off, paid holidays and a 401(k) plan with employer match.
Career Application Form
|Job Category||Hylan Datacom & Electrical Careers|