Hylan is a leading provider of full-service turnkey communications solutions, electrical infrastructure design and construction services for wireline, wireless, and smart city municipal services across the United States. We set up our customers for success with our innovative, wide-ranging services.
The Client Operations Specialist (COS) reports directly to the Account Manager. This position works closely work with field Project Managers, Field Operations Teams and Project Accountants to ensure project success from the issuance of the quote to the final close of the project. As a vital part of the Account Team that manages projects, the COS has direct client contact and the ability to access the company’s ERP system (Sage 300 CRE/Timberline) and CRM system (SiteTracker) to create and manage jobs. The COS provides administrative support to Account Managers and Field Operations Teams and closely monitors projects as they go through the project lifecycle from project creation to invoicing, collections and closeout. This position is located in the Corporate Office in Holmdel, New Jersey.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for monitoring and tracking project from project inception to project completion, including communication with Field Operations Teams and Project Accountants.
- Maintains project files, CRM and ERP Reports (Excel Reporting Knowledge is essential).
- Owns the accuracy and completeness of Accounts Receivable in Sage 300 CRE.
- Tracks all change orders, work orders, and purchase orders.
- Owns Sage 300 CRE/Timberline job setup and data entry throughout the job lifecycle post award, including contract creation (Revenue and Cost Estimates), job set up, work in progress updates, change order creation, invoicing, collections, follow up and payment application.
- Works directly with customers on billing inquiries and collections.
- Creates required office and field files for work orders, purchase orders and routes appropriately.
- Responsible for daily updates on open change order requests and status.
- Assists Field Operations and Account Manager with resolving internal status issues (Billing, Collections, change orders, approved work orders/purchase orders, EAC’s).
- Ensures timely invoicing to the customers upon completion of project milestones.
- Tracks all billing progress and invoicing from start to finish. Responsible for monitoring collections and outstanding Accounts Receivable.
- Work with Account Manager and Project Accountant to update revenue and estimates to complete the work in Sage 300 CRE/Timberline as a project progresses through the project lifecycle.
- Assists in compiling project budgets, cost estimates, and other financial estimates especially around revenue and cost estimates; perform updates throughout the month incorporating the change order process.
- Enters executed purchase orders and change orders as identified by Customer and Account Manager in Sage 300 CRE and SiteTracker.
- Performs all invoicing through Hylan’s Sage 300 CRE/Timberline application.
- Develops and maintains direct relationships and collaborate with customers, project teams, accounting, and business leadership.
- Follows up with clients on all billing inquiries.
- Leads project closeout and billing process.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 4-6 yrs. experience
- College degree
- Accounting/Finance/Project Management background
- Construction experience a plus
- Highly organized, able to track and balance multiple competing deadlines
- Experience with Sage 300 or other accounting or operational software
- Highly responsive to internal and customer inquiries
- Effective at building relationships
- Clear communicator
- Demonstrates sound judgment
- Experience in conflict resolution
Hylan Datacom & Electrical is an equal opportunity employer offering eligible employees a competitive benefits package consisting of medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, life insurance, paid time off, paid holidays and a 401(k) plan with employer match.
Career Application Form
|Job Category||Hylan Datacom & Electrical Careers|