Hylan West is a Phoenix based construction company that has an immediate opening for COAX Splicer. Hylan West, a division of Hylan, is a full-service, design-build contractor specializing in broadband, communications, and intelligent transport systems (ITS), distributed antenna systems (DAS), fiber optic network platforms, and wireless solutions. Hylan West’s expertise includes underground construction, specializing in all outside plant construction activities including new technologies such as micro trenching, micro fiber blowing, directional drilling, auger and jack boring capabilities. Headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona, Hylan West serves public and private companies, general contractors, renewable energy developers, and governmental agencies in the Northwest and Southwest regions, with operations in Arizona, California, Colorado, New Mexico, and Utah.
Hylan West invites you to consider a rewarding opportunity within our West Des Moines, IA office as a COAX Splicer within the Construction Technologies Department working to accomplish company goals.
- Install, repair and test coax cable in a variety of environments (underground, indoor, aerial)
- Terminate cable utilizing a variety of connectors
- Perform testing utilizing TDR and Signal Level meter
- Quam modulation and return spectrum verification
- Record and document testing per customer specifications
- Prepare paperwork to track daily production, and accurately record completed work on job site blueprints
- Perform daily duties in a safe manner
- Maintain a professional working attitude with co-workers and customers at all times.
- Valid driver license with clean driving record
- 3 years or more of COAX splicing experience in active plant
- Ability to use a bucket truck, ladder and/or hooks to access cable lines on utility poles
- Ability to read prints
- Should have experience setting up active devices such as Nodes, LEs, Amps, using a Digital Service Activation Meter and balance forward and return on these devises
- Build and activate power supply
- Splice variety of coax cable from .500 to 1”
- Ability to test, activate, and troubleshoot equipment after installation, (Must be able to troubleshoot any issue that may be found when activating new plant)
- Perform wreck out and salvage of abandoned equipment
- Sweep and balance forward and return plant
- Provide general assistance to other employees
This position is full-time with benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Ins., 401K offered). Candidates must be able to complete and pass a background check including a drug screen, DOT physical.
Hylan West is an equal opportunity employer. EOEAA/M/F/Vets/Disabilities. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Wage range based on experience $19 to $22 per hour.
Career Application Form
|Job Category||Hylan West Careers|