Commercial Driver (CDL) [Phoenix, AZ]
Hylan West is a South West based construction company has an immediate opening for Commercial Driver. Hylan West, a division of the Hylan Companies, is a full-service, design-build contractor specializing in broadband, communications, and intelligent transport systems (ITS), distributed antenna systems (DAS), fiber optic network platforms, and wireless solutions. Hylan West’s expertise includes underground construction, specializing in all outside plant construction activities including new technologies such as micro trenching, microfiber blowing, directional drilling, auger and jack boring capabilities. Headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona, Hylan West serves public and private companies, general contractors, renewable energy developers, and governmental agencies in the Northwest and Southwest regions, with operations in Arizona, California, Colorado, New Mexico, and Utah.
Hylan West invites you to consider a rewarding opportunity within our Phoenix AZ office as a Commercial Driver (CDL) Laborer within the Construction Department working to accomplish company goals.
- Primary job duties will be transporting material, equipment and job-related items, including general labor functions as directed by the project Foreman. Accountable to ensure accuracy related to tasks and follow all policies and procedures related to safety, quality and production
- Must be 21 years of age and have a Commercial Driver’s License with air brake and tanker endorsements and per state requirements.
- Must be willing to travel and work overtime if needed
- Must be able to perform physical manual labor duties within the workday
- Be able to read and speak the English language in accordance with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.
- Ensure that safety equipment is used properly at all times and that work is carried out in a safe and efficient manner.
- Operate service and maintain trucks and other equipment.
- Comply with the proper method of loading and unloading for the various material and equipment to be transported.
- Be able to follow company guidelines in regard to acceptable conduct when dealing with customers, fellow employees and the public.
- Must pass company drug testing procedures as well as Federal Motor Carrier drug and alcohol testing regulations.
- Keep appropriate documentation to include DVIR and Trip Logs. (timecards, job cost, etc.).
- Be able to complete driver daily logs and all necessary trip reports and fuel reports.
This position is full-time with benefits
- Medical benefit plans offered
- Dental and Vision offered
- Critical Illness offered
- Flexible Spending Account offered
- 401k Retirement offered
- 3 Days sick pay (accrued)
- 5 Days’ holiday pay (accrued)
- 5 Days’ vacation pay (accrued)
- Company provided life insurance; additional life insurance offered
- Company provided long term disability
Candidates must be able to complete and pass a background check including a drug screen, DOT physical. Hylan West is an equal opportunity employer. EOEAA/M/F/Vets/Disabilities. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Career Application Form
|Job Category||Hylan West Careers|