Hylan West is a Phoenix based construction company that has an immediate opening for Construction Supervisor. Hylan West, a division of Hylan, is a full-service, design-build contractor specializing in broadband, communications, and intelligent transport systems (ITS), distributed antenna systems (DAS), fiber optic network platforms, and wireless solutions. Hylan West’s expertise includes underground construction, specializing in all outside plant construction activities including new technologies such as micro trenching, micro fiber blowing, directional drilling, auger and jack boring capabilities. . Headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona, Hylan West serves public and private companies, general contractors, renewable energy developers, and governmental agencies in the Northwest and Southwest regions, with operations in Arizona, California, Colorado, New Mexico, and Utah.
Hylan West invites you to consider a rewarding opportunity within our Des Moines IA office as a Construction Supervisor within the Construction Department working to accomplish company goals.
- Effectively run a single or multiple project site locations with little or no assistance from start to finish
- Responsible to provide direction of projects tasks and hold all team members accountable for safety, quality and production
- Must be 21 years old, have a valid driver license with a clean driving record & health card
- 5+ years or more previous industry experience in utility construction
- Be available to work overtime and emergencies 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Must be able to effectively communicate with the crew, inspectors and customer representatives on site
- Experience working with customer specifications, outside agencies, utility companies
- Ability to communicate effectively and handle projects top to bottom to include coordination and oversight of subcontractor services
- Work effectively in a team-oriented environment
- Complete weekly billing and associated production reporting
- Perform associated documentation (time cards, daily production reports, etc.)
- Read construction prints, permits and complete redline as-built’s
Preferred candidates will have:
- OHSA 10Hr., Confined Space Training, Competent Person Training, First Aid / CPR
- Class A CDL
- Trenching, Fiber Placing, HDD, Aerial Construction and/or Service Drop experience
This position is full-time with benefits:
• Medical benefit plans offered
• Dental and Vision offered
• Critical Illness offered
• Flexible Spending Account offered
• 401k Retirement offered
• 3 Days sick pay (accrued)
• 5 Days’ holiday pay (accrued)
• 5 Days’ vacation pay (accrued)
• Company provided life insurance; additional life insurance offered
• Company provided long term disability
• Short term disability offered
Candidates must be able to complete and pass a background check including a drug screen, DOT physical.
Hylan West is an equal opportunity employer. EOEAA/M/F/Vets/Disabilities. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Wage range based on experience $25 to $32 per hour.
Career Application Form
|Job Category||Hylan West Careers|