Overview of Hylan: Join a leader in the race to build the nation’s communications, electrical, and smart-city infrastructure. We believe each team member contributes directly to Hylan’s growth and prosperity; through the services we provide to our customers. Our culture and values are built upon the 3C’s: Character, Competence, & Commitment, which guides how we interact with our customers, suppliers, and each other. Join a team that is grounded in your success and development.
Overview of Hylan West:
Hylan West is a Phoenix based construction company and is a division of Hylan, a full-service, design-build contractor specializing in broadband, communications, and intelligent transport systems (ITS), distributed antenna systems (DAS), fiber optic network platforms, and wireless solutions.
Hylan West’s expertise includes underground construction specializing in plant construction activities: micro trenching, microfiber blowing, directional drilling, auger and jack boring capabilities. Hylan West serves public/private companies, general contractors, renewable energy developers, and governmental agencies in the Northwest and Southwest regions, with operations in AZ, CA, CO, IA, NM, UT.
- Primary job duties will be operating and maintaining HDD equipment and locating bores, job functions will include general labor functions as directed by the project Foreman
- Must be 21 years old
- CDL Class A driver license with tanker endorsement and clean driving record
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in locating and/or operating Vermeer and Ditch Witch horizontal directional drilling equipment
- Must be proficient in DCI locating equipment and software or equivalent
- Must be proficient in using various vacuum potholing equipment
- Must have a keen sense of assessing good bore rig set up, down-hole tooling and fluid mixing prior to starting construction
- Must be very safety conscientious and involved in new site Job Hazard Analysis – JHA’s prior to starting construction
- Must be well-organized in proper set up and bore planning methodology
- Ensure safety in work areas at all times according to policies and procedures for all drilling rig operations
- Must know rod and radius limitations, understand pulling and placing mud volume calculations
- Will be required to operate tampers, jackhammers or misc. hand tools when needed, will also work in the field with the crews completing work
- Must be able to perform physical manual labor duties within the work day
- Ensure that safety equipment is used properly at all times and that work is carried out in a safe and efficient manner.
- Be able to follow company guidelines in regard to acceptable conduct when dealing with customers, fellow employees and the public.
This position is full-time with benefits:
- Medical benefit plans offered
- Dental and Vision offered
- Critical Illness offered
- Flexible Spending Account offered
- 401k Retirement offered
- 3 Days sick pay (accrued)
- 5 Days’ holiday pay (accrued)
- 5 Days’ vacation pay (accrued)
- Company provided life insurance; additional life insurance offered
- Company provided long term disability
- Short term disability offered
Hylan is an equal opportunity employer. EOEAA/M/F/Vets/Disabilities. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All are welcome to apply. Apply at: hwcareers@HYLANGROUP.com
Wage based on experience $26 to $32 per hour.
Career Application Form
|Job Category||Hylan West Careers|