Hylan is a leading provider of full-service turnkey communications solutions, electrical infrastructure design and construction services for wireline, wireless, and smart city municipal services across the United States. We set up our customers for success with our innovative, wide-ranging services.
The Estimator position is responsible for all aspects of electrical estimating for the bidding of future jobs and all current ongoing projects. This includes communicating directly with all vendors, clients and field personnel. The Estimator reports directly to the Vice President of Operations and the Chief Estimator. This position is located in the Corporate Office in Holmdel, NJ.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with clients and vendors to prepare comprehensive and accurate estimates
- Responsible for reviewing all project documents, requirements, and job specifications
- Review quotes and estimates with the construction supervisors and the project management team
- Prepare detailed cost estimates using Accubid or similar professional estimating software
- Attend pre-construction meetings with clients and field personnel as required
- Maintain Excel files
- Prepare bid summaries and keep open bids up to date in SiteTracker
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have 5+ years of Electrical Estimator experience working for either a major General Contractor or specialty subcontractor
- Must have significant heavy highway and transit experience
- Familiar with interior fit-out estimates
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Intermediate Accubid (or similar estimating software), advanced MS Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook skills
- College degree in a technical discipline a plus
Hylan Datacom & Electrical is an equal opportunity employer offering eligible employees a competitive benefits package consisting of medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, life insurance, paid time off, paid holidays and a 401(k) plan with employer match.
Career Application Form
|Job Category||Hylan Datacom & Electrical Careers|