Hylan West is a Phoenix based construction company has an immediate opening for Fiber Optic Splicer. Hylan West, a division of Hylan, is a full-service, design-build contractor specializing in broadband, communications, and intelligent transport systems (ITS), distributed antenna systems (DAS), fiber optic network platforms and wireless solutions. Hylan West’s expertise includes underground construction, specializing in all outside plant construction activities including new technologies such as micro trenching, micro fiber blowing, directional drilling, auger and jack boring capabilities. Headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona, Hylan West serves public and private companies, general contractors, renewable energy developers and governmental agencies in the Northwest and Southwest regions, with operations in Arizona, California, Colorado, New Mexico, and Utah.
Hylan West invites you to consider a rewarding opportunity within our Phoenix AZ office as a Fiber Optic Splicing Technician within the Construction Technologies Department working to accomplish company goals.
- Ability to fusion or mechanical splice SM or MM fiber optic cables, to include terminate various types of fiber optic connectors (ST,SC, LC).
- Work with engineers and/or OSP PM’s to perform fusion splicing as directed.
- Installation and testing of pressurized and non-pressurized closures on all types and sizes of cable.
- Experience and knowledge using Fiber Optic Scope and or a Fiber OTDR.
- Installation and dressing of fiber optic cables (vertical/horizontal).
- Provide management with detailed reports of field splicing activity.
- Maintain fiber asset inventory and splicing records.
- Valid driver license with clean driving record
- 3 years or more of fiber splicing experience in active plant
- Must be able to work independently without supervision.
- Ability to read prints, read and comprehend splice instructions
- Complete production paperwork with correct splice case information
- Operating aerial lifts
- Entering confined spaces
- Able to prep a variety of splice cases
- Ability to troubleshoot rings and audit plant
- Express entry a loose tube Cable
- Fusion splice fibers, operate and read an OTDR
- Basic knowledge of MS Office and basic computer skills to look up maps
This position is full-time with benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Ins., 401K offered). Candidates must be able to complete and pass a background check including a drug screen, DOT physical.
Resumes must be received for consideration. Please include contact information, references and preferred start date.
Hylan West is an equal opportunity employer. EOEAA/M/F/Vets/Disabilities. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Wage range based on experience $19 to $28 per hour.
Career Application Form
|Job Category||Hylan West Careers|