Hylan West is a Phoenix-based construction company has an immediate opening for General Labor. Hylan West, a division of Hylan, is a full-service, design-build contractor specializing in broadband, communications, and intelligent transport systems (ITS), distributed antenna systems (DAS), fiber optic network platforms, and wireless solutions. Hylan West’s expertise includes underground construction, specializing in all outside plant construction activities including new technologies such as micro trenching, microfiber blowing, directional drilling, auger and jack boring capabilities. Headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona, Hylan West serves public and private companies, general contractors, renewable energy developers, and governmental agencies in the Northwest and Southwest regions, with operations in Arizona, California, Colorado, New Mexico, and Utah.
Hylan West invites you to consider a rewarding opportunity within our Phoenix AZ office as a General Labor within the Construction Department working to accomplish company goals.
- Primary job duties will be general labor functions as directed by the project Crew Leader or Foreman
- Accountable to ensure accuracy related to tasks and follow all policies and procedures related to safety, quality and production
- Must be 18 years old
- Have a valid Driver’s License and health card (if driver)
- Must be able to perform physical manual labor duties within the workday
- Ensure that safety equipment is used properly at all times and that work is carried out in a safe and efficient manner
- Be able to follow company guidelines in regard to acceptable conduct when dealing with customers, fellow employees in a team environment and the public
- Must pass company drug testing procedures as well as Federal Motor Carrier drug and alcohol testing regulations.
- Must possess good communication skills
- Must have the ability to exert heavy physical effort
- Must have the ability to lift heavy physical objects
- Must have the ability to kneel, crouch, balance, climb or crawl
- Must have a valid driver’s license and comply with company motor vehicle policy
- Frequently use hand tools, pneumatic tools ( tampers, compactors, 90lb jackhammer, chipping hammer)
- Must have the ability to assist in the installation of conduit, hand holes, vaults, manholes and cable
- Perform other related duties as required
This position is full-time with benefits
- Medical benefit plans offered
- Dental and Vision offered
- Critical Illness offered
- Flexible Spending Account offered
- 401k Retirement offered
- 3 Days sick pay (accrued)
- 5 Days’ holiday pay (accrued)
- 5 Days’ vacation pay (accrued)
- Company provided life insurance; additional life insurance offered
- Company provided long term disability
Candidates must be able to complete and pass a background check including a drug screen, DOT physical. Hylan West is an equal opportunity employer. EOEAA/M/F/Vets/Disabilities. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Career Application Form
|Job Category||Hylan West Careers|