The Lineman is responsible for installing, repairing and maintaining overhead and underground cables and auxiliary equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Install, maintain and repair Cable systems, including conduits, cables, wires, and related equipment
- Inspects lines, poles and equipment for signs of damage
- Assists in on-the-job training of apprentices and other crew members in maintenance and construction of cable lines
- Climb poles or use truck-mounted buckets to access equipment
- Lay underground cable directly in trenches, or string it through conduit running through trenches
- Dig holes and trenches, set and climb poles, string cables, place equipment and testing systems
- Performs after-hours duties as required, responds to callouts in a timely manner, and works scheduled and unscheduled overtime as needed or as required
- Performs general clean-up of job sites following completion of work
- Assists in the investigation of incidents to prevent reoccurrence
- Other duties as assigned
- 1+ years of experience as a Journeyman Lineman
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid commercial driver’s license with an acceptable driving record
- Experience driving with trailers
- Experience with the methods and means of placing aerial and underground telecommunication cable (fiber and coax) in OSP and ISP applications
- Ability to climb poles to a height of 60 feet and previous experience working on poles at those heights
- Experience and ability to operate a rodder truck, bucket truck, lasher, pulling wheels, blowing machines, and assorted specialty hand tools necessary for cable placement
- Experience with and ability to work in confined spaces, such as manholes and tunnels
- Completion of, or ability to complete, confined space training
- Experience and ability to read construction documents common to the industry, CDs, system maps, etc.
- Experience with and ability to perform ISP work – building cores, conduit installation, junction boxes, etc.
- Experience with hand rodding and ID placement
- Experience with and ability to do underground excavation by hand and with machines
Position may require hours outside of regular business hours. Travel is required and will be based on job site location. Must be able to work in extreme weather conditions for extended periods of time.
Ability to lift up to 70 lbs., stand and walk frequently, bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, push/pull, reach (above shoulder level), and squat. Must be able to walk, stand and work on uneven terrain for extended periods of time.
Career Application Form
|Job Category||Down Under Construction|