The National Fleet Manager is responsible for all fleet vehicles, mobile equipment, and machinery at all Hylan locations (New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Illinois, Arizona, and California). This position will manage, direct, and lead strategic fleet operations and servicing functions with regards to managing current fleet repair and preventative maintenance programs, vendor relationships, and all other operational fleet needs. This is a full-time 40 hours per week position with some weekend hours. The National Fleet Manager reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer with a dotted line to the President located at each Hylan entity.
- Ensure internal expectations are met in all aspects of reliability, communication and on time performance for the entire corporate fleet.
- Analyze maintenance processes and implement new procedures as needed to ensure performance of fleet locations and inventory are efficient and within budget.
- Partner with IT to manage, develop and implement software solutions/technology to streamline practices and improve efficiency.
- Strategically lead the fleet repair organization utilizing available data to improve equipment reliability and speed/quality of repairs.
- Continually improves policies and procedures relative to fleet management operations through data analytics. Ensures compliance with internal and external policies and procedures.
- Manages the Fleet Services emergency response in support of storm and other emergency recovery efforts.
- Continually evaluates the benefits of self-performed vs. outsourced maintenance and repairs.
- Interfaces with all departments to evaluate trends in equipment performance and recommend changes to improve safety, productivity and/or reliability.
- Provide leadership, management, and oversight of the maintenance operations by assessing the current and future department needs to support Hylan’s field operations team.
- Provide leadership and direct supervision of Fleet and Maintenance personnel. Assess talent and provide ongoing coaching and development and performance management to improve performance and overall team effectiveness. Foster a team environment and a strong service culture that ensures timely and quality-driven service to internal customers.
- Manage vendor networks and relationships to improve service delivery. Partners with Corporate Counsel when negotiating purchasing contracts and agreements with existing and potential vendors.
- Reviews vendor sourcing on a regular, ongoing basis, with the goal of securing more reliable, more cost-effective vendors.
- Perform administrative functions including payroll approval, repair order maintenance, compliance documentation and providing reports for/communicating with the CEO and Presidents.
- Provide clean, safe working conditions of the facility and equipment.
- Approximately 1,000 pieces of equipment for all locations/markets.
- All Fleet staff and supporting teams across nationwide operation/fleet will have direct or dotted line reporting obligations to this position.
- Must comply with all company policies and industry regulations, including those that pertain to safety. I.E – DOT, OSHA, FMCSA,.
- 5-7 years of experience in a fleet maintenance/management capacity.
- Must have knowledge of heavy truck repair and maintenance.
- Thorough knowledge of DOT rules and regulations.
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record is required.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Outlook and basic Excel).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- College education is a preferred.
- Must travel to all company locations on a regular basis to ensure fleet and facilities operational compliance.
- Involves sitting at a desk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift to 25 lbs.
- Manual dexterity to operate specialized equipment.
- Needs high degree of concentration in a busy area.
Career Application Form
|Job Category||Hylan Careers|