Job Description: This Project Accountant is fully responsible for the project control process, including creating and maintaining project profitability reports, division, and customer consolidated WIP reports, tracking project performance and other project financial metrics as directed by the President of Hylan West and CFO of Hylan. The position is available in either our Arizona or Texas location.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
- Effectively communicate with Project Managers regarding contract documents, change orders and other contract modifications, approvals, and any additional services-related to billing.
- Prepare project anticipation reports and invoice package for assigned projects, including all applicable backup for approval by the Project Manager and Billing Manager.
- Assess and pursue opportunities for maximization of client billing; communicate with the Project Manager and Billing Manager, as to your observations and actions taken.
- Research any unbilled issues to optimize the billing possibilities for the billing period.
- Maintain the billing folders for all projects, with all the appropriate documents, including expenses, consultant invoices, and monthly invoices, in accordance with standard procedures.
- Work with the cash receipts team member to reconcile variances that occur in the application of cash.
- Generate and distribute bi-monthly receivables reports and monthly profitability reports.
- Review daily reports and weekly time sheets, along with the accounting group.
- Monthly analyze the P & L for each job.
- Recommend and implement agreed process improvements to the billing cycle.
- Provide year-end support of auditor requirements, which may include research and reconcilement.
- Communicate and coordinate with the Project Managers and client representatives.
- Month End Allocations for Direct Jobs
- Work with Corp AP manager for weekly AP cash allocation
- Work with Corp for new employee setup in Sage/TimberScan along with the Routing of all employees in TimberScan
- Monthly/quarterly tax reporting for Sales Tax, Personal Property Tax
- Weekly KPI Reporting to Executive team
- Fixed Asset Management
- Assist Fleet Manager with creation and update of equipment in Sage and the weekly report
- 401k Audit Reconciliation along with an overall understanding of Payroll
- Understanding of AP/AR: New Customer/Vendor setups, Account reconciliations, Utility Tracking, AP Coding/approval for SGA expenses
- Deposit uploads to the bank
- Prepare 4-Week Cash Flow Forecast
- Assist with Annual Budget
- Assist with monthly Regional Financials
- Tracking PNC cards and limits
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or business required.
- Knowledge of construction accounting; cost to complete, WIP, under and overbilling, committed cost analysis, change order processing, direct and indirect labor allocation, subcontractor and vendor costs.
- Intermediate to advanced computer literacy, including experience in word processing, spreadsheets (Excel) and Microsoft Outlook.
- 3 -5 years of Construction Project Accounting experience.
- A thorough knowledge of standard contract terms, including hourly, lumps sum, Unit Price, Time and material not-to-exceed and how they are applied in the billing process.
- Ability to work well with others under deadline situations and respond to changes in priorities.
- Good written and verbal communication skills and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, set priorities and see projects through to completion.
- Employ problem-solving skills and analysis, and report problems to the PM and Billing Services Manager, as necessary.
- Strong service orientation.
- Knowledge of the project structure in a client/consultant business environment.
Career Application Form
|Job Category||Hylan West Careers|